The International Society for Hypnosis is the world headquarters for researchers and clinicians interested in hypnosis. ISH serves as the umbrella and meeting place for its members and 30 (still growing) Constituent Societies from around the world. Since 1973, ISH has regularly held triennial congresses and will host its 20th in Paris in 2015. ISH traces its roots to the first International Congress for Experimental and Therapeutic Hypnotism held in Paris in 1889 and is proud of its deep connections to such luminaries as Jean-Martin Charcot, Pierre Janet, Sigmund Freud, and Ernest Hilgard. Joining ISH provides many benefits. Perhaps the most important is enjoying the connection with other like-minded colleagues and discovering the support and intellectual stimulation of the hypnosis community. Newsletters, discounted journal rates, access to training and conference events and a video library are among the many attractions of membership.
The INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF HYPNOSIS is comprised of constituent societies and individual members from around the world whose mission is:
• To stimulate and to improve research, discussion, and publications pertinent to the scientific study and clinical application of hypnosis;
• To encourage cooperative relations among scientific disciplines with regard to the study and applications of hypnosis;
• To bring together qualified (see bylaws) persons who use hypnosis worldwide;
• To establish and maintain standards for professional training and adequacy in the field;
• To promote scientific events and training activities about hypnosis and related subjects;
• To activate exchange of students and joint research programs worldwide among qualified institutions.
Become a ISH Member